Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tis the season to be jolly, and tis the night to hang holly!  That's because we are snowed in.  No joke.  The snow isn't that deep - maybe 12 to 15 inches now, but the wind is blowing so hard that it hits the windows, melts and then freezes, so our windows are covered in ice.  The wind also seems to be melting the snow and then it refreezes or something because it is coming down half snow and half ice...hurts to get hit by it.  Snow or no snow, the doggies still have to relieve themselves outside.  I'm beginning to think that we may need a somewhat covered area out of doors for the poor darlings for just such weather.  This is the second year in a row that we have been hit with "global warming" and have snow up to our knees.  I have lived here five years and this is also the first year we have had zero degrees.  I'd like to find that Mr. Gore and make him sit out in the lawn all night just to see what global warming is really like. The idiot.

Took my nearly 10 year old lab to the vet as she started coughing a week or so ago, and then would not eat.  The eating was off and on.  The coughing had subsided, but for her not to eat she had to feel bad.  Turns out she has and enlarged heart (congestive heart failure) and has lung cancer.  I can just barely write about it, let along think about it. She has been my darling since I brought her home at 9 weeks.  Just doesn't seem fair that she should have to suffer and that she should have to leave five years short of when she would normally go.  We just give her medications to make her comfy, and so far she is feeling better.  I hope it continues that way for a long time, but from what I have read from when the coughing starts they generally have about 6 months left. And, of course, there is the cancer which might take her sooner.  Sort of takes the jolly out of the season, except that she seems to feel so much better and more like her old self, it is hard to actually accept she is that sick.  I do love her so.

So, crochet wise I finished the Raspberry Fool doggie sweater which hopefully will fit my SIL and brother's doggie.  It is really cute!  I used Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand. Worked up fast, too.

I started working on a pair of wristlets from the Caron International site, and will write and show more in the next couple of days.  

I hope your Christmas is peaceful, uneventful, quite, lovely, and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment