Unfortunately this was harder than it should have been, and not as flat as I would have liked. It is because I mistakenly started with a larger thread and had to make adjustments. I had finished about 10 rows and realized it wasn't going to work, so took out five and worked from there making adjustments.
Then I found out that the thread was POLYESTER not cotton…I had begun wondering why it felt so funny, putting it off to being Mercerized. My bad. It was a wonderful gift from Bev, and had it not been for her generosity, I would never have been able to make the gift in time, so am very thankful for her and the gift. It did turn out to be pretty!
I immediately purchased some thread in size 5 and size 10 so that I had more to use for various patterns. I do want to make more doilies.