Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Re-do on the Beanie

NEXT  FUN  BEANIE  FOR EVA….AGAIN!!


Eva’s beanie, with an Apple pencil showing how large it is…or isn’t!  It is certainly looking better, and will, hopefully, actually fit her.

HARD WEEK FOR TWO OF US

I found out my cat has diabetes. I have been working on his health for two weeks, no to mention my own…bum hip!  Tommy Socks received his insulin and I received a cortisone shot. We are both, finally, doing better.

Thus the slow progress.

Tommy Socks when he was feeling pretty awful. The insulin did the trick in just an hour or less. I suggest if you have a cat you watch what he or she eats (the most protein I have found is in the Senior 7+ at 13%, and has the lowest carbs. Good thing for cats PRIOR to getting diabetes). Cheaper than the food they call prescription, which is basically a farce. Lots of cat food is perfectly find for diabetic cats as long as you feed them right. Mine is 13 years old, so lived a long life without getting it. My bad was feeding him too many treats because I felt so bad not being able to spend as much time with him as either of us would like.


A SCARF FOR ME?

I’m was thinking of making myself a scarf out of my Malabrigo Arroyo, but the temperature has already taken a head long dive into Spring/Summer.  I may go ahead and make it just to have it ready in case it stays cold at night.  I have noticed the dogs are staying outside more and more. It hasn’t been super humid, and the temperatures are in the 60’s during the day. That was a warm temp when I lived in Washington state! Cool here.

WYNN  BEANIE

I am thinking of trying my hand at making the Wynn beanie. There is a lot of slip stitching so don’t know if my carpal tunnel can stand it. However, worth a try as it is so cute! I’m not exactly tired of making the other pattern, but felt I should at least try another one.


I might change up the brim/border/whatever to make it smaller. I think she used her and slip stitching or sc. I haven’t checked the pattern out throughly yet. The link above is to Ravelry.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment