Monday, January 17, 2022

Beanie Delivered on Day Finished

BEANIE FINISHED AND DELIVERED

I decided to drive over and drop it off….and worse than the headache is that the darn thing was SMALL! I had the feeling something like that was going to happen. I used a different yarn than normal and it was more a DK weight than Worsted. Frustrating.

She ended up giving it to a young lady that was young enough and small enough that it fit.  I don’t think it will last, however.

AFGHAN

 

I finished her Christmas Afghan and gave that to her on Thursday. I would liked to have made it another foot longer, but was too tired of it and tired of looking at it! I will add more if she decides it should be longer.


NEW BEANIE


In the interest of being fair, I thought giving her another beanie in a different yarn would be appropriate. After all she gave away the first one that I made, that didn’t fit, and that to me was yucky!

Now the new one is nearly finished and it is pretty awesome. Same pattern, same size, different yarn. I’m using Vanna’s Choice in Charcoal Grey.


Tommy Socks The Cat and Another Beanie

Tommy rarely gets top billing, so am leaving out the dogs this time. He just turned 13 I think. He was a stray feral so his age was an estimate when I took him to the vet. He is such a good kitty, and so sweet. So undemanding of my time, which is good because he doesn’t get much. What he needs is more bushes in his yard. He likes to hide behind them and with winter his tree and his bush are leafless…and I’m sure the bush died. Just talked with the landscaper about planting bushes back there this Spring.


This is my grandniece and she is wearing one of the beanies I made about two years ago. It is the same pattern of the one I am making for my other niece, Sandra…above. Sandra is the daughter of my older brother, and the little one is the granddaughter of my younger brother.

Maybe if I make enough of these beanies they can all wear them to my funeral! Of course, I would have to leave enough money to pay for all of them to come to the funeral! Hah!


On a Sad Note

Isn’t it the way people end their speeches? My sad note is that I am now on a darn walker as my right leg has what the doc seemed to say was an inflamed tendon or some such nonsense. He also hinted at me there is a chance of it never getting better. Whatever the cause of the awful pain, it wasn’t a broken bone that he could see (and often they can’t see hairline fractures in X-rays). He is sending me to an orthopedic surgeon (surgeon????) and hopefully get a CT Scan or something like that. I rather doubt I would have surgery unless there is some sort of guarantee that it will work and I can re-coup at home.

In the meanwhile, his notes also said I was an obese senior. Obese. I guess that means all those cookies and candies I told everyone NOT to send to me ended up adding on the latest 10 pounds. Sheesh! Not being able to walk is pretty awful for that very reason…weight. Weight really does seem to follow you wherever you go!

😃 




No comments:

Post a Comment