Friday, April 3, 2020

Elderflower Shawl


This is the new anniversary shawl that Michele DuNaier designs each year on the anniversary of opening her on line group on Ravelry.  I have only made one, I think, but plan to go back and make all 8.


This is how it looked a couple of days ago. For some reason I seem to like the colors she chooses, but in all honesty this time it was the first fingering weight yarn I came upon so grabbed it.

The yarn is Cascade Yarn's Heritage Silk. I love the hand and the drape so far. Very soft and cozy.
May not block the shawl. I am thinking of making it as more of a scarf, with long ends.  

I started out increasing the starting chain by one shell on each side of the middle. I have no clue if that will make it just a little longer or a lot longer, so this is an experiment.  I increased the chain less the five for the turning chain.


As you can see three of my dogs, the youngest, are all making themselves at home on the deck. These couches have been relegated to being "doggie couches" for the last year or two. My husband and his first wife always had a "doggie couch" and we ended up having them, too.

Below a few of the Iris in my yard when I lived in Idaho. I love them so much….hope I can have a gazillion in my next home! 





Hope this finds you home, safe, happy and healthy!

Get your yarn out and relax!



No comments:

Post a Comment