Saturday, April 4, 2020

Elderflower continuing!



I have finished two repeats of the pattern. I have five more to go! Rows 2 through 5.

The pattern is fairly rhythmic and each row is easy to remember - for me I have to refresh before starting each one, and take care on the ends. Have been known to mis read it!

I gave the dogs some bones, like the Nylabones. They are keeping them pretty busy so the poor things crash after dinner exhausted from chasing each other around wanting the others bone. They all have one, but they want what the other one has. With four, it is a race back and forth like the Kentucky Derby!


Three of the four passed out. Looks almost they were playing Ring Around the Rosie!


I just finished the jigsaw puzzle "Merlin and Arthur." The pieces were all cut strangely so it wasn't as easy to join up as I thought it would be. Glad it is over - but did enjoy it mostly.


Now I am starting one from one of my favorite painters, Charles Wysocki. I love the classic Americana puzzles. Another favorite is Eric Dowdle. I must have 20 of his still waiting for me, and one more Wysocki. Then a couple odd ball ones.  I'm putting them together, putting my initials on the box, and donating them to Goodwill. The other grandmother shops there and once gave me back one as a gift for Christmas that I donated! I wish to avoid another faux pas!

I pray you are all home enjoying this time together. Back to the basics! Time to actually read, talk, discuss, and play together. My dad was a big jigsaw puzzle person. He is also the one who watched boxing on TV. I remember telling him I wanted the one in the lighter pants to win. We had black and white TV so didn't know the colors! I also remember the Pabst Blue Ribbon music, and the girls walking around with big signs each round.

It is time for you to make memories of sharing interests with your children and other family members. Write long emails full of photos, memories, etc. 

Blessings 


No comments:

Post a Comment