Sunday, March 24, 2019

Cabled Hat




This was not as hard as I thought cables would be…even knitting in the round. I'm happy to be able to have something as nice as this to gift to a loved one.

I'm presently working on a test crochet hat and hopefully will be able to post about it in a month or so. I might make two…one for each young niece…if I can get the size and colors right.

SCARF


I'm also working on this scarf. Just a garter pattern, so nothing special in that regard.  If you look closely at the top you will see two stitches, one on top of the other, that are knit on this side. Unfortunately I did it a third time and did not realize it until I saw this photo I was getting ready to post.  I wanted to ignore it, but it got the best of me. I'm new to knitting so thought it through and this is what I did:

First I secured the last stitch in the row up and down, that was wrong, then pulled out the stitches above to that point.


Then I used a crochet hook in the same size as the knitting needles, and pulled the yarn through each way making sure that I "knitted" and "purled" with it and didn't twist the yarn as I was doing so.  When I got to the last bit of yarn I put it on the needle and knit across. 


Now, it is all correct and I went ahead and knitted another six inches! I'm pretty proud that I fixed it in less than four minutes instead of having to either start over or figure out a way to rip it back to the error and then go forward again.  
The top photo is closer to the true color of the scarf…sort of a grey color with peach.

And here is a little eye candy again…Riley giving me those sad eyes wanting something to eat.


He is looking more brown in the photo than he does in person, but he is starting to take after his father who is a brown Lab. His mom is a beige English Mastiff. He looks like he will have the Mastiff wrinkles, though. Hopefully not as much and not the big drools! Drool he does, as does Brodie…you can just see him sleeping in the background.

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment