Friday, July 20, 2018

Beautiful Sunny Days!

The hot air balloon flew nearby the house the other day. Brodie, my lab, was barking up a storm while looking (I thought) into the trees. I believed it was the raccoon again, but when I finally looked high enough I saw the balloon.


Ran for my phone to take photos…it passed in front of my rear neighbor's home and looked as if it was going to crash.  It did, however, rise up. The noise it was making is what I think upset the dog the most. Like a growling flying fire eating dragon going overhead!


This is the afghan I've been making for my niece. Did I post this before? Anyway, it is going to be a Christmas present now since 1) I already made her one (duh!) and 2) I had to order yarn and then found out it was the wrong pink, so will have just enough to make it a nice size with what I have on hand.  It's all in half double crochet. Please not 3) I sent her another present which is probably for an older girl, but thought it fit her to have a musical princess jewelry case. She will be into soccer, Legos, Star Wars, race cars and video games soon enough. I'd like her to stay a little princess girl a bit longer!


This may look like a child's puzzle but don't be fooled! I am about a week or two into it and it isn't near finished. Harder that I thought it would be.


Took myself out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. The atmosphere was great, but the fish tacos were not. I should not have ordered the battered ones. I will try again and get something else. Otherwise the restaurant is off my list….EXCEPT for their chips and salsa. They were wonderful!  I could aways order a drink and snack on the chips!


Last but not least, I am working on a super cute hat for a test for a friend. RubraC on Ravelry. It is more of a houndstooth pattern once it is compete.  I'm giving this one to my DSIL, Carol.  It is lace weight so a very light hat. I hope to make it again in a fingering weight to give it some squishy cushiony feel to it, and more warmth. Will make it a Christmas present for someone who might want a classy hat.  


Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment