Friday, April 13, 2018

TOO many projects!


I have a bit too many pots on the stove.  As I said before, I am joining & bordering an afghan for my dear friend Sharon who lives in PA. She hasn't been joining her squares from her many, many swaps!  Bev joined and bordered one, too, but she is much faster than I am.  I only have two more rows to go!


I am also starting a swap, which won't start until the 15th.  I'm pretty sure it will be 9" squares and most will be textured, although some people will want some with color - the textured swap is known for being one color a square.  The colors will be (in Vanna's Choice yarn) Linen, Taupe, Toffee, Purple, and Kelly Green.  I'm thinking for sure I don't want Kelly Green in mine (I like Sage and will add it somehow), and I'm not sure about Purple.  I have two textured squares finished in Toffee already since next week (when it starts) I will be in Portland to visit my family, but also to see the doctor regarding surgery on my back.


I went to knee therapy and he put this on to help stabilize my knee which seems to wobble, and hurts like crazy when I wake up in the morning. That, as it turns out, is a condition caused by the bad lower back.  Also the muscles are weaker and the leg is smaller. Dang…I have pencil legs as it is! You can't tell by the photo, but my ankles are almost the same size as my wrists. Hopefully surgery will get my whole body under control.  The blue contraption (now pink as he changed it at the last session) seems to really help…thank goodness. Therapy seems to help.


The last project is my gate.  I had part of my fence removed (I was letting people walk through my yard into my neighbors yard as the two streets both dead end at our homes.  Neither she nor my neighbors liked the bikes and the dogs and people walking up and down in front of our homes on the private drive, but had some friends who went nuts when I first put up the fence. They live on the other street. The reason people cut through is to make it to the Discovery Trail. The thing about it is the trail runs parallel to both streets a block away and they could reach it without having to cut through.

I finally had enough and moved the fence back to where I started to put it and widened the gate to let trucks (UPS and USPS) into the yard so they don't bump the posts any longer!  The problem has been the heaviness of the gate and the way the yard raises up.  They are working on another plan to get it to work right. I have it working on an opener, so I don't have to lift the gate to pull it open or shut.

Have a great weekend! Sorry this is so long!



2 comments:

  1. Went to a funeral this past Friday. Right there, on the spot, I decided I didn't want flowers on my casket. I wanted one of the quilts I have made for family to be folded and displayed instead.

    So much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Paula, that is too sweet! Like the flag you see on the caskets of someone from the armed forces. What a great idea!! I won't have a casket so perhaps I will have them put a hat on top of my urn! :o)

    ReplyDelete