Friday, February 13, 2015

Air-Crochet, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum!!

Don't know that I mentioned it or not, but in a 2013 Winter Interweave Crochet article Doris Chan is quoted as saying that SHE calls the dc made in the article an air crochet stitch.  It is an article on changing colors.

I wrote to Interweave and Marcy Smith answered saying that they didn't actually give her credit for the stitch and that Doris happened upon the stitch in 1994 in one of Elmore's books.  I have both of his books and have never seen that stitch in there, and of course, feeling rather pissy I told her so.  Then she started saying it was in Edie Eckman's book, but I think by that time she was mixed up as to what stitch we were discussing. Don't know for sure.

I (of course!) told her it wasn't in HER book either, and gave her my blog and my tutorial on Ravelry.  Never have heard back, and I guess that it is the big brush off. It is funny and sad to me that people in such a position would be so absolute in their resolve to keep "credit" for even the tiniest thing in their circle of friends.  I, of course, am not just upset but feel almost like I have been mugged or raped by a good friend who was once a trusted confidant.

So much for professionalism.

On to another subject!

Malabrigo!  

Love this scarf stitch and the texture of the scarf. I think I am making an infinity scarf for myself - as long as the yarn holds out.  I have never used this yarn before, but do love it. Malabrigo Arroyo, Merino.  It is so easy to use in crocheting a project, and feels so yummy.  

I'm doing a seed type stitch…sc, dc, sc, dc then turn and sc on the dc and dc on the sc - rows and rows and rows and rows of it!

Yesterday

Today

I don't think it is quite as eye-popping of a color scheme as this second photo, but more muted like the first. Will be nice for a number of outfits for sure.

Take care of yourself, your family, your treasures and your secrets!

Tomorrow is Valentines for EVERYONE!



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to work on a project where you don't have to think about what your crocheting? Just do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog. I am really enjoying reading your posts and seeing your beautiful work. I just love this beautiful scarf you are making. The colors are gorgeous. I look forward to following you. Thank you for sharing your work with us - you truly inspire me.
    Bobbie :)

    ReplyDelete