Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pansy Square

I made the Pansy from the book "Crochet Bouquet" and then added four
chains on the back. I then started double crochets into the chains to
make a square. It's a little wonky, because even after all my
counting I was off one stitch on one side, and I think I started out
with too many dc's on the first row. Next time I'll try 3 less each
side and see how that turns out. Also, the Pansy should have had the
darker pink for the middle color and the lighter pink as the petal
color. I think it would have had a more realistic look.

2 comments:

  1. Oh BFF, you're truly going CRAZY with these squares, aren't you? They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see that a pansy can be "squared." I have that book (which I love) and will try what you did, as part of a destashing afghan I'm making with -- I hope -- 48 different six-inch squares with flowers or flower motifs. Thanks for posting that!

    ReplyDelete