Saturday, June 9, 2012

Crochet and All That Stuff...

It is taking me a bit to get back into crocheting again.  I am making a second monster for an exchange to send off on Monday.  I had ordered a book for the monster and it never came, so made one up. Didn't like it.

The book arrived, and did not find the monster in there that I had thought was so cute! So went on line and found one like the one I really wanted...have one more leg and two arms to go and will then be ready to send it off, too.  The other "stuff" already left.

So, now I might join a swap.  Easy access to yarn and the post office, so might as well! Plus I have lots of time on my hands. Have already finished three projects since opening the store!

Saturdays seem to be especially quiet here in town.  I will keep open during June, but if it doesn't pick up any I think I will be taking 3 day weekends. :o)

I found this photo - may have already posted it.  I took it a week before my husband passed away...I like to think it was more like a pathway to heaven for him.  We do have spectacular sunsets here!


3 comments:

  1. I think you are right on that sunset. It's beautiful -- I hope there is one like that for me when it's my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a card once that said an old Indian legend saysthat the stars at night are really the eyes of our ancestors shining down on us after they die.

    I think that is a sweet sentement . . .I think of that so often when I see stars really twinkling at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous sunset. I hope business picks up for you. Have you advertised or is the town small enough and enough traffic passes by that people know you're there?

    ReplyDelete