Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Little Cuties in "L"

I participate in a Letter Swap.  This is where you take the persons first name and use that as the basis for the pattern you choose.  My person was Liz, so I had to find "L" patterns.

So for my first pattern, I chose something with Large as part of the title, and the second pattern had Little as part of the title.  The Large was smaller than the Little. :o)

 First, the Large - it is a Large White, or better known as a cabbage butterfly.



Then there is the Little - it's a Little Lime from the same book, 75 Birds, Butterflies and Beautiful Beasties to Knit and Crochet, by Lesley Stanfield


Then I made a Strawberry Potholder - but had to call it a Lacy Strawberry Potholder to get it in the right "L" category!  This is from an old Annie's Attic pattern leaflet #851 called Crocheted Potholders 3, by Leisure Arts.  The design is by Kay Fisher Meadors.  There is a cool grape cluster potholder in there that I want to try.  


The yarn is much brighter and prettier than it shows in these photos.

The last gift was a lovely set of patterns of Lacy Shawls to Knit.

Whew!  Made it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun sounding swap. Cute ideas, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bev, that is a great and fun idea.. I love your strawberry, the colour is gorgeous. Your potholders are great too, very bright and cheerful, great work.. :))

    ReplyDelete