Friday, March 18, 2011

Yet another month goes by - here's a Spider for you!

I started working on this spider last year to send to Liz, a friend on Ravelry. It is made with an F hook and very tight stitches - and I did not notice that the spider was HUGE when I started the pattern. This is one of Gudrun Kulich's wonderful fantasy type patterns. She has a very large and spectacular selection of all sorts of dragons and other interesting Fairy Tale characters (Amigurumi Artist). Intricate, thoughtful, and provocative patterns - all for free. All large. ;o) Her latest patterns are really awesome.

The body of the Mexican Red Knee Spider is 17 inches in circumference, and from top to bottom, beginning circle to the finished part, it is 9 inches. All without the rest of the body parts.  When I started to finish off the body I realized there had not been any note to stuff it! So, here I am punching through all the stuffing through a tiny hole ! Not the easiest job, but doable. Just make sure when you get her pattern that you read it and make note of where you might want to start the stuffing process.

Gudrun's pattern is very precise as to the body parts - it isn't a pattern that you can whip through as I am finding out. However, it is a satisfying, albeit LONG, pattern process. I hope to have a great deal more finished in the next few weeks.

Has anyone tried one of her amigurumi characters?

4 comments:

  1. You won't get me making any spiders. They give me the absolute willies!!!! Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of her patterns. I started the motorcycle and haven't gotten past the tire.:o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spider pattern is now unavailable. She says, on the Ravelry project page for it, that she is "protecting her copyright." Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think her inventions are truly awesome. Since they are no longer available freely, does anyone know where they can be obtained or bought?

    ReplyDelete