Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Eeyore

While waiting for the yarn for my SIL's afghan, I decided to de-stash a bit. Eeyore is in Cotton-Ease, but the backgound is another yarn. It is called Rozetti, Two Fold. 75% Acrylic and 25% Wool...machine washable and dryable. That sounded so nice. 197 yards, too. 

But note the top of the fabric (which was my side as I made it from a knit graph and the Tunisian stitches are taller than wide so had to do it sideways to come out right). Anyway, it pills and frays on the side something awful. Don't know if it will keep it up with use. Otherwise, love the way it blocked (not pictured). The Cotton-Ease has the best colors for the graph of Eeyore (see here), but I should not have used an F hook. That was way too hard. I had to under-the-circumstances because I didn't have enough yarn for a larger graph. Just wanted to use up what I had...NOT buy more yarn!

During this process my husband felt sorry me and the contraption that I put together to keep my yarn straight. There was one time I had 14 bobbins hanging for this little graph! So, we collaborated and he came up with the most wonderful present for me! (Not pictured). It keeps my yarns and bobbins straight and in their place and now
graphing is a breeze! Wow! Good to have a wood-working-hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment