Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Mandala Scarf

Lion Brand came out with a new yarn…well, new to me this year. Could be a year old for all I know!


This yarn color is Serpent, I believe.  I'm using a simple shell pattern from the cowl pattern called Astrantia by Nanna Gudmand-Høyer.

The color starts with a medium grey, then blended in with yellow, then the bright yellow blended with the grey…then the yellow itself.  It seems to blend all the colors along the way so the actual color changes are fairly gradual.   


The yellow is now giving way to a cream, then tan….eventually back to the grey and darker grey.  I hope it comes out looking okay and will be long enough. The skein holds over 500 yards.

My BFF hates the yarn, but I am working with it and having no preconceived ideas or desires. I just wanted to see how it works up.  It isn't "soft" like some of the other acrylics, but for me that is almost a plus.  Like VC - very soft (except for some whites) but because it is made up of short strands, it sheds in the air a lot while making it so it ends up making me stuffed up and sneezy. This doesn't do that…at least so far.

Also the instructions (below) say to wash in hot water and dry it hot…must soften it a bit?  I will do that when I am finished.  I want to give it a chance. Since I am going to stock pile scarves to give away to shelters here, so it doesn't matter to me if I love the colors or not. Just want it to keep someone warm! Below are the care instructions from the Lion Brand site.
CareMachine Wash, Machine Dry
Care DetailItems made from this yarn may be laundered through the use of hottest available water, detergent or soap, agitation, and a machine designed for this purpose. A machine dryer may be regularly used at the hottest available temperature setting.




No comments:

Post a Comment