Friday, February 17, 2017

Soft Wide Scarf



I decided to use one of my many skeins of the Cascade Heritage Silk (fingering weight) just to see how I like the yarn.  I purchased several skeins in different colors, but have never found a pattern to use.

This is a stitch pattern, not a formal downloaded pattern.  It's pretty simple, and very much like many of the stitch patterns I use…just a slight variation that has a profound impact.

In this variation for the beginning chain you need any multiple of 3 stitches for how wide you want the pattern, plus 3. (Some patterns say add 2 for the starting chain and add one to start…that's 3 isn't it!??).

FYI: After the starting chain each side is a chain one on each row.

The beginning pattern (Row 1 after you chain the appropriate amount) for me is dc in 3ch from hook, and dc in each chain after that. If you want a wider border, do a few rows of dc.

Row 2: ch1, sc in first dc. 2dc in same stitch. Skip 2 stitches [1sc, 2dc] in next stitch. Repeat to end, with 3 stitches left, sc in last stitch. Ch1, turn.

Row 3: sc in first sc (first stitch), 2dc in same stitch. [1sc, 2dc] in next sc. Repeat to end, sc in last stitch.  

Repeat row 3 until it measures however long you want it.  Last row is dc in each stitch.

If my instructions are a bit confusing let me know and I will clarify them.

My scarf is about 7" or 8" across, very light-weight, and feels super soft.  I am using a G hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment