Friday, February 17, 2017

Peachy Keen Scarf


This scarf is about 6" wide.  I used a textured stitch to create a nice soft hand.


The yarn is Madelinetosh in Pashmina. I really love this yarn! It is a sport weight yarn. I used a G hook.


The basic stitch is sc, ch1, dc.



Base is a multiple of 3 stitches plus 2.  Ch however many you want, turn. 

Row 1:  sc in 3nd ch from hook, ch1, dc in same stitch (the other two chains will count as a sc). *Sk2, [sc, ch1, dc] in next stitch.   *Repeat to end where you will sk2 stitches, sc in last stitch, ch1, turn.

Row 2:  sc in first sc, [sc, ch1, dc] in ch1 space from the row below.  *Sk first dc stitch [sc, ch1, dc] in next ch1 space. *Repeat to end, sc in top of the beginning chain (first ch skipped), ch1 turn.

Repeat Row 2 until you have the length you want.


I hope you can follow the instructions.  I used this same stitch in the Rainbow scarf which looks better blocked and stretched a bit.  I don't think this scarf looks better opened up, but rather as a textured scarf only.

Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment