Monday, November 14, 2016

Sweater for my Granddaughter

My granddaughter is 10  years old although she looks about 13 or 14.  I am making her a sweater called Harbor Lights.  Ran out of yarn so bought two more skeins.  Need to finish four more rows on one sleeve and then another round on the body and put on buttons.  I only had the two shown, so bought enough in a similar button to the bottom one she liked.


The pattern is on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/harbor-lights and is a pattern from Annie's Attic.  Designed by Lena Skvagerson.  Guess it was an instant hit as it took me a long while to find the yarn!!  Back in stock now thank goodness.


I think the sweater doesn't lie quite right, but looked good on her.  I did not make the back bottom the same as the pattern.  I used shorter stitches to give it a straighter look.  Did not care for the long long tail in back that comes below the butt.  She did not like the three different colors for the sweater - I really did though!  

Will be happy to go on to something else.  Making scarves for Christmas and will also make potholders and Christmas decorations for family.

At some point I want to make a sweater for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment