Thursday, May 19, 2016

Slouchy Hat


My granddaughter tried it on for me for the photo.  I gave it to her as she seemed to like it, but don't know if she does.  The fact that it represents a look that is a little rebellious might be something that makes her like it better!!!


The pattern for this Slouchy Hat is from the book Crochet Boutique by Rachael Oglesby.


It looks pretty straight and I was fearful it would not slouch, but as you can see it did!


This is the result of making something from a package I received earlier in April (same package as yarn for the little bowl), and I am hoping that the pom washes up well!!


My new grandchild!!  This is Flicka resting at her new mama's lap, my daughter-in-law. She is a Gordon Setter.


Now for my flowers….this is my Black Lace Elderberry bush…grows super high so have to keep it trimmed down.  I don't think it should be in the shade because it seems to get moldy, but that is where the previous owners planted it.


A full view of the Mock Orange - that which I THINK is a Mock Orange. Smells heavenly.


My black/purple Iris.  Very gorgeous.  It will be great when it spreads and I have a whole slew of them!


One nice thing about Oregon….it gets enough rain to support beautiful flowers and trees!

Have a lovely day! Weekend is nearly upon us.


1 comment: