Saturday, April 9, 2016

More stuff + hats…Ellie and Jack's beanies



This is the stitch (and the photo is upside down) for the Backcountry Beanie.  I honestly LOVE this pattern.  The photos do not do the beanies justice…so much prettier than they look.  




Could not find my pom maker, so this was a little less than beautiful!



Ellie's beanie turned out cute, but I took a photo with the seam facing the camera so doesn't look as sweet as it should.  As long as Meg doesn't put it on her that way, it should be stunning! LOL!


Saw this on FaceBook.  I would really love to have one like this to drive down to SoCal for visits with the dogs!  Would need a better engine and something that got better gas mileage or else it would never make it up and down the mountain passes and gas would be a fortune!


All but two of these were made by Paula Tooke.  Different swaps.  I have had them hanging on the light above my sink since moving into the OR house.  I love having them there! So bright and cheerful for a place that is often cloudy and dreary.


This is the swap package I received from Denise (Deniseworld) on Ravelry.  It is a swap Bev started where we send off a box of what-nots and the recipient is to make whatever they fancy from the contents of the package.  
I think that I can make about four or five different projects with this!


Am sharing my two shelves of the Nutrisystem food I get every 28 days.  There are 24 dinners so that I can eat my own creations or eat out for four of those dinners.  So far have lost 8 pounds and am doing pretty well.  Some of the food lacks "eat-ability" but for the most part it is okay, and a few items are actually quite good.


The yard here in OR is beginning to show signs of Spring!  The front yard has already had bulbs come up, but the back doesn't have any.  Might have to remedy that.  The flame perennial azalea is looking really pretty.  Last year I put in the Bloodgood Japanese Maple right where it is needed for the summer sun.  I put in another one on the other side of the yard in line with this one, near a 3rd that was here already.  I plan on putting in a couple in the front yard after having taken out the 50 year old Atlas Cedar that was falling apart.


Happy Spring everyone! I hope the East Coast comes out from underneath their snow pack soon!!! We were in the 80's here for a couple of days, but back to the 60's for the next week! Nice!!





1 comment:

  1. Awe, thank you for the mention of the pretties. The swap sounds like a great idea . . make something from what is sent to you. I like the colors you received.

    ReplyDelete