Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cowl for a gift to someone…??? Astrantia


This is the beginning of the Astrantia, a cowl pattern I found on Ravelry. Simple stitch and works up quickly



I am using Cobblestone which is a Sport Weight, size 3, superwash merino yarn.  I really like it!  I have had it for ages and gave most of it away instead of making something so this year I am using the left overs to make some gifts.
This is color 301 - sort of a light lemon & cream with a sagey green & grey.



I think if I just looked in a stitch book I could pick out just about any simple pattern and make a lovely cowl or scarf without buying a patter.  I do, however, like to support the people who go to the trouble of writing up patterns and trying them out.  

This is the original made in Ficolana Cinnia by Nanna Gudmand-Høyer.  It's beautiful. The yarn is a DK weight and comes in many many colors.
The pattern is free so I suggest you try it out! You can find it above, or on Ravelry.












No comments:

Post a Comment