Saturday, June 27, 2015

Finished….on to the booties and a new tote!


The shawl is crescent and very lovely.  The sequins are only on the border of lace.  This version won't block well so that the lace won't show how pretty it is.  The last photo is the true color.  I used Lion Bands Baby Soft for the shawl, and used String Me Along to add the sequins with it on the lace.



Tunisian crochet, done in two panels, join as you go with the lace.  Edged with a picot.



I only did 30 repeats of the body as my DGD is small and it was pretty large just with those repeats.

I'm also making her a gauntlet set just as I did for her sister. It's small, dark blue, made with Vanna's Glamour by Lion Brand.  Unfortunately it makes the "scales" pucker and curl.  Might try another pair later with a larger hook and less scales to see if it will keep it flat.  She loves them any way!


The group is going to do a CAL/KAL on a purse or tote for July. It's a pick your own pattern and everyone crochet or knit along together.  I am thinking of doing a pattern in wool and felting it.  ???  We shall see.

I'm staying inside again today.  Never did cool off lower than 73 last night, which under normal circumstances would be fine, but humidity is almost as high and the air is stagnant…with clouds keeping the humidity down.  Better than 115 though!!




No comments:

Post a Comment