Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just finished two lovely patterns for a swap for St. Paddy's Day!

HOWEVER!  I can't share them just yet as they aren't mailed AND the blog shows up on Ravelry.  I will be posting about them again next week.  Stay tuned!


The blanket, above,  I am making for my new grandniece due in June is coming along nicely.  Unfortunately, when I came south for a winter vacation I did not bring the NEXT color! It is Waverly and I can't buy any more to have sent here as it is a discontinued yarn. It's on hold until I return home.  Dumb.  However, in my defense I was put in a bind by a Toyota dealership when they kept switching which car they were getting for me, and I ended up not getting home until after 8 pm the night before the trip.  Needless to say was up late packing.

FYI

Did you know that the Toyota Sienna ONLY comes with a black carpet in some packages? I didn't, and they didn't tell me…until AFTER I signed on the dotted line and I was late for dinner with my kids….and all the while I had been telling them no way did I want black in my car. So watch your back people!

NEXT ON THE LIST

What I lined up next is an afghan for a nephew in WA and his wife. It is, I hope, to be a Bargello afghan.  I found this older afghan in the book "Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs" by Valerie Van Arsdale Shrader.  It is a 2003 book, 40 patterns (some just too weird) and pretty inexpensive on Amazon. A few winners in there making it worth the price.


I'm planning on making this in tans and blues.  Their choice of colors.

New on the home front!

Here is my new refrigerator….door in door LG. Pretty nice. I only have to load up the top portion and not bend over! LOL!  


This is the innards!


BEAUTIFUL PATTERN!

I hope I haven't posted this before.  Tanja Osswald had this pattern for a shawl for sale on Ravelry. Crocheted! It is called "Blinking Peacock" and I have to say, it is an amazing piece of work!


Let me know if you try it out!

Have a great day!


















2 comments:

  1. Oohhh... that Bargello afghan is amazing. I don't know how to crochet this pattern but I'm sure going to enjoy watching yours grow. Have you started it yet? I'm sure it will come out as beautiful as your other work.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbie…no have not started it yet. The first afghan is for the eldest of the two boys (MEN) and will be the window pane afghan. THEN this one! Thanks!

      Delete