Saturday, March 15, 2014

Potholder, Scarf, and Doggie Kibble

Randy's favorite Potholder!

The back



The Front


I finished and gave the bright BIG potholder to my brother during his visit.  He had been bike riding and visiting his daughter, then drove up here to visit and bike ride! Found someone he had met at a race, and I knew the man's friend. Small world!  He stayed an extra day to ride with them again and really enjoyed the ride, and was very impressed with not only their abilities, but their generosity.

I will make my "little" brother a potholder, too.  He cooks a bit, as does his son.  His wife, my sweet SIL, is the main chef though.

I am making a scarf for a friend with her yarn.  It is Noro and the skeins are small, so the scarf will not be quite the length that I had hoped.  We shall see.  Wish I had made it smaller.   Here is a sneak peek at the beginnings.  I'll post more tomorrow.


I'm on a kick to make sure my dog Sami gets the best Vegan type food available as she has cancer in her digestive area and Vegan diets are known to help reduce the inflammation as well as tumors. Sometimes cure them.  As we did not test the tumor in this case, we are not sure exactly what it is, but it is inoperable no matter what. I figure the best I can do for her is feed her and make her happy and comfortable.
So in keeping with that ideal, I bought what is a Vegetarian Recipe called Healthy Skin by Nature's Recipe.  "Protein Rich, Soybean Meal"  - sounded great on paper. 
BUT
I did not read ALL the ingredients.  I will be taking it back. Imagine my surprise when I opened it up to give to her and smelled GARLIC. Lots of garlic….and ONION. 
Garlic and Onion are known to be toxic to dogs. Just a little can cause kidney failure. Garlic is actually worse than Onions.  KNOWN, not suspected. 
I can't believe a purported healthy conscious dog food company, in this case Del Monte Pet Products, would ever put such a product on the market.  It is not only stupid, mean, and irresponsible, it is down right criminal.
So pass this along to all your friends who have furry loved ones in their family. DON'T buy this product…and perhaps people should be wary of their other products until they read the whole label of ingredients. Who knows what lurks in those cans, bags, and boxes!


Have a great day! Be happy, be healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment