Sunday, May 26, 2013

It is coming along....


I am not much further than this shows.  It is the edge of the shawl...then a border goes on it, and then I turn it around and complete the body.  I love the cross stitch texture.  Not so sure I want to block it as it flattens it out a bit!

The reason I am slow on this is that I am also working on several other projects at the same time...don't want to get bored, ya know!

One of those is another JAL (join-a-long paid for pattern) for the Happy Hippo.  The pattern is really called Happypotamus The Happy Hippo and was designed by Heidi Bears. She may also sell it on her web page, I don't know.


Isn't this darling! It is her hippo above, but the beginning of mine in blues, a different edge, with the cream borders.  Only have three finished, but on Tuesday I will have many more!


Now....if anyone is reading this...I need to know what this plant is...it is in my raised garden bed and acts rather like cabbage, but not really.  I just don't know.  It's about two feet tall now and it bolted so has the tall skinny stalk with the small yellow flowers which is what makes me believe it is in the lettuce or cabbage family.


Anyone??????


No comments:

Post a Comment