Monday, January 9, 2012

Jin Dui

This has lots of names - a flower by any other name is just as sweet!  :o)  THIS is my most favorite sweet thing to eat! In this case it is a Chinese pastry made from rice flour, coated with sesame seeds, deep fried where the outside is crisp and the inside is chewy!  Generally I get the kind that has the sweet lotus paste, but there are other pastes that are sweet, too. YUM!


WHEN was the last time I ate this, you ask????  About nine years ago!  Every time I go to Portland or back to San Diego, it is on my list of things to eat but some how I get side tracked and never make it to the appropriate places to eat.

NOW I am going to see if there is some place that you can purchase these on-line and have them sent door to door - FAST.

They are also called Onde-Onde in Indonesia, Goma Dango in Japan, and Butsi in the Philippines.  If you see one, buy it. You, too, will be transported to heaven.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making my mouth water "-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of them but they look very good! I'll have to see if they have them close to here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had something very similar in a restaurant. It was indeed quite yummy!!

    ReplyDelete