Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dolls for Christmas

Last year I purchased two American dolls for my granddaughters. As it turns out, they were really too young and did not appreciate them.  The eldest is into Barbie Dolls, which are so CHEAP now that she has a dozen.  All naked. All with ratty hair. :o)  All well used and loved.  She has a great time with them, they are just the right size to hold in her little hands, and I have seen her play for hours making up stories and using her imagination.

This year I thought I would make her a little crocheted doll that might give her the same pleasure. She is a tad older, but do not expect her to be treating this doll a whole lot better than her Barbies.
I have posted before about the creations on the ByHook/ByHand blogspot.  I am in love with the little Kaitlyn, a little cat-eared pocket spirit. DARLING! So if you have a cat, you'd love one, too.  If you have a friend that loves cats, that friend would love one!  But more importantly, if you have a granddaughter or two, you can be sure those little girls would be in heaven to get their hands on something so cute and precious.

Can you actually resist this precious little doll?????? And the pattern is FREE. You can do it! Get it, make it, and watch little eyes light up this Christmas


1 comment:

  1. Too Cute! Looks like I may make one of theese too. Thanks for the share.

    `til next time,
    connie

    ReplyDelete