Friday, April 8, 2011

A time to rest

Wow, what a week. UPS and DOWNS can both take their toll on the mind, body, and spirit. Today was the body.

Ever have one of those days when you wanted to just go to bed? Well, today was one for me. And it was my own fault.

After a hectic week of taking care of my DFIL with the broken hip, I sat up late last night and had TWO bowls of ice cream.  Now, for most people that might not be a big deal, but for me it is disastrous. I am lactose intolerant. VERY lactose intolerant - and I did not take my pills.  The ice cream started talking to me about 1:30 a.m. and each and every half hour after that.

Needless to say I was unable to sleep very much at all, so today I have been dragging myself around.  THEN the electricity went out, and the ice cream was still talking to me.  So, again, for most people that would not be a big deal, BUT - we are on our own water system and have a pump that runs on electricity so without it you can't flush the toilet. :o(  No electricity. No pump. No flushing. Ugh. 

At least I felt better than THIS! 

Whatever was wrong only lasted a few hours (and we do have four bathrooms!) so eventually all was well. I also took an hours nap which really helped.

Crochet?  Well, actually yes - I managed to nearly finish the border on an afghan, weave in some ends on a potholder, and find several patterns I'm interested in making. Not too much, but enough to get me through the day.

So, how was YOUR day?

No comments:

Post a Comment