Sunday, December 7, 2008

Maggie, Chuckie and Sami rest

Twas the night after Thanksgiving and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a doggie or two or three or four.

We had some nice down time after our Thanksgiving rush, and I finished up lots of gifts. Made a nice cowl for my niece (pattern and photo to follow tomorrow) and think she will like it. Would love to have made it a bit longer, but ran out of yarn...one of life's little mis-steps in crocheting.

I hope to make a few doggie sweaters for the little ones, but haven't found any I really like except for those in knit. I am hoping to adapt one into crochet and see how I do. Chuckie, the Shih Tzu, is really the only one that seems to get cold, but the newly found
Terrier, Sami, hasn't been with us during a winter so would like to be prepared. Molly, the big Black Lab and Maggie, the Border Collie, love the cold snow so they don't need anything. Well, anything I can make.

Crocheting has been the answer to a prayer for me this past 18 months. It keeps my mind calm, and my hands busy. I don't get bored as easily now, and carry yarn projects with me wherever I happen to go. Lately, I have been stepping into the foyer in church and crochet there while listening to the service. It has always been hard for me just to sit still, even as a youngster. Crocheting is a great way of keeping my mind and hands busy while listening to what's around me, whether a service, a talkative husband, TV or radio.

Now, isn't all that inner peace worth learning a new skill?

No comments:

Post a Comment